Dear Children’s Trust Partners and Supporters,
On behalf of the board of directors and staff of Children’s Trust, I want to thank you for your patience and steadfastness through the COVID-19 pandemic. We want to assure you that we are closely monitoring this situation. We will continue to serve our community as we stand together to stop child abuse while simultaneously being responsible to them and our staff.
- Our top priority is in taking steps to ensure the health and well-being of our employees and the population they serve, while providing critical services that government agencies have deemed as essential.
We are providing critical services.
Children’s Trust teams are more than essential, they are critical to stopping child abuse and neglect. They are on the frontlines in child abuse prevention and education, intervention, and advocacy.
- Our administration offices will be closed as our employees are working remotely.
- Our Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) continue to monitor children and attend court hearings for foster care cases. They continue to support foster parents to avoid placement disruptions.
- Children Advocate Center (CAC) are working with the Multi-Disciplinary Teams (MDT) to review cases of reported abuse and conduct emergency forensic interviews. Our family advocates are calling their clients and providing support, counsel and referrals.
- Healthy Families staff is conducting virtual home visits and assessments.
What the families we serve are telling us:
- “We are taking it day by day”
- “We are managing.”
- “We are scared about being able to pay bills.”
- “We are worried about keeping our older children busy and educated.”
You can count on Children’s Trust.
We continue to share information to educate our staff, volunteers and clients by posting information on our doors, website, and social media platforms. We will continue to monitor information from the Commonwealth of Virginia and national emergency announcements for advice and any mandates that pertain to our organization. We know that many of our clients are a part of those who are most vulnerable, and we want to stay in touch with them, our community partners, and our supporters.
We appreciate our community partners, volunteers, and donors, for their continued support of Children’s Trust. We thank you for your support as we continue to learn about this rapidly evolving health crisis along with you. Thank you for your cooperation as we adjust our methods for serving our community, including our hours of operation.
We are always available to answer questions from you, our partners, volunteers, and donors. Please do not hesitate to call my office at (540) 344-3579 ext. 12. Thank you for your trust in Children’s Trust.
Please stay safe and healthy.