TAKING A STAND AGAINST CHILD ABUSE
All for Kids
Children’s Trust was formed as the result of a joint commitment from the Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC) and Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) to better serve children and families in the Roanoke Valley.
Children’s Trust combines needed public education outreach, effective advocacy, and a strong network of support for Roanoke children and families and is dedicated to coordinating services that will improve the community by promoting awareness about child abuse, providing family support through education, providing a child-friendly environment for the investigation of abuse, and advocating for the best interests of abused and neglected children.
Children’s Trust has dedicated years of service to preventing abuse against Roanoke’s children and advocating on the behalf of those who have been mistreated.
A look at the child abuse prevention, intervention, and advocacy we accomplished in FY 2019/20
- 2740 children learned how to protect their bodies from abuse and neglect.
- 245 adults learned how to keep children safe as Stewards of Children.
- 457 home visits were made to families, with high risk markers of potential abuse, by trained support workers.
- 420 children and their families received MDT interview services and referrals for therapy, victim advocacy, and case management.
- 399 children received assistance from CASA volunteers
- 50 CASA volunteers served children. The value of their service, if paid, would be over $170,000.
Children’s Trust services are offered to all citizens residing in the Cities of Roanoke and Salem, Counties of Roanoke, Botetourt, and Craig, and the Towns of Vinton and New Castle. The Service Area for the Children’s Advocacy Center also includes Bedford County, Town of Bedford, Montgomery County, Town of Blacksburg, Town of Christiansburg, City of Radford, City of Galax, Grayson County, Town of Independence, Carroll County, Town of Hillsville, Pulaski County, Town of Pulaski, and Town of Dublin.
4519 Brambleton Ave. Suite 100
Roanoke, VA 24018