Donations from individuals are crucial to our success. We apply for grants year-round and receive funding from federal, state, and local sources, but our mission and service area grows every year.
Making your donation to Children’s Trust is easy. We accept cash donations, in-kind product donations, and underwriting of budgeted items. Please remember to check and see if your employer will match your gift. Every penny is a step toward a secure and happy future for an abused child.
Ways To Give
Stand with us against child abuse by supporting our programs. You can designate your gift to one of our programs or make your gift unrestricted, allowing us to designate the program needing your support.
Checks can be mailed to Children’s Trust – 541 Luck Avenue, Suite 308 – Roanoke VA 24016
Giving is now as easy as saying “Alexa, make a donation to Children’s Trust.” Alexa and Amazon Pay make it easy to donate. Now more than ever, making a difference is simple and fast.
For more information on supporting Children’s Trust, please contact Director of Development Brenna Sullivan, firstname.lastname@example.org
In FY 2019/20, the impact of your gifts provided Children’s Trust to accomplish the following:
- 2740 children learned how to protect their bodies from abuse and neglect.
- 245 adults learned how to keep children safe as Stewards of Children.
- 457 home visits were made to families, with high risk markers of potential abuse, by trained support workers.
- 420 children and their families received MDT interview services and referrals for therapy, victim advocacy, and case management.
- 399 children received assistance from CASA volunteers
- 50 CASA volunteers served children. The value of their service, if paid, would be over $170,000.
Gifts of appreciated securities are particularly attractive to donors. When you transfer ownership of the securities to Children’s Trust, you avoid capital gain on the appreciation. Children’s Trust is a public charity, meaning that it qualifies for the best available treatment under current tax laws and offers full market value deductions.
After you have provided for your family and loved ones, a bequest in your will would enable you to make a gift to support Children’s Trust or your favorite program provided by Children’s Trust. A general bequest designates that Children’s Trust receives a specified dollar amount. For example: “I bequeath to Children’s Trust, Roanoke, VA, the sum of $100,000 to be used for its exempt purposes.”
- Carilion Clinic Children’s Hospital
- Prevent Child Abuse Virginia
- National CASA Member
- United Way Roanoke Valley (Impact Partners code 0132)
- National Children’s Alliance
- Children’s Advocacy Centers of Virginia
- Healthy Families America
- Healthy Families Virginia
- Virginia Department of Social Services